Research into executive and Board compensation packages is one of the most popular areas of study for our clients as it enables them to resolve such tasks as attracting the necessary expertise from the market, retaining key employees and HiPo, building an effective motivation system, developing an employer's brand, and planning a budget or optimizing costs.
Compensation research may include:
- detailed information on fixed compensation for executives in specific companies or industries, including allowances (statutory or company-provided), guaranteed payments, and other elements of fixed compensation;
- short-term incentives: monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual bonuses; terms of payment;
- long-term incentives (LTI): payments made according to LTI programs; terms of payment;
- benefits: additional compensation and benefits.
1. At Ward Howell, each of our projects coincides with a unique client request and begins by identifying the reference group of companies and determining the parameters of analysis. Our consultants' vast industrial expertise and daily communication with business owners and top company managers enable us to select comparable companies, or suggest a combined model when there are no direct equivalents.
2. After determining the sample and the comparison parameters, we proceed to the data search. We receive the majority of our information directly from managers, Board members, HR directors, and trusted partners, as well as from our constantly updated database. We also utilize open sources – corporate websites, and companies’ analytical and financial reports.
3. Once we have received all the data, we prepare a detailed report with data analysis and our recommendations, accompanied by a spreadsheet with numerical indicators and calculations.
Based on the best practices research, we provide our clients with expert support in the following areas:
Ward Howell expertise
We have extensive expertise and actual experience in benchmarking and analytical projects for major Russian companies.
Our high standards of internal processes, an updated knowledge base, and daily contact with company executives, business owners, and Board members guarantee prompt data retrieval, accuracy, and depth.
Our team consists of industrial and functional experts, giving us a deep understanding of the company context and allowing us to quickly obtain accurate information about any top manager.
We conduct our own leadership research and participate in global projects with INSEAD Business School on topics such as leadership, corporate governance, succession planning, and family business. We have authored several business books and numerous scientific publications. We rely on both practical experience and accumulated academic knowledge to implement our projects.
We strive to ensure that our company, projects, and practices have a positive impact on the future and create long-term results for both our clients and Ward Howell.
Talk to an expert
Fill in the form and our consultants will contact you.