Boards of directors are the key element of corporate governance systems as they create additional shareholder value and ensure the sustainable development of the company. In order to do this effectively, the Board also needs to regularly develop itself.
At Ward Howell, we have created unique training and development programs for Board members based on the challenges and requests of particular clients and taking account of the Board's assessment results.
What we do:
- Stimulate Board discussions on relevant business-related topics;
- Hone the skills and procedures of the Board for certain situations;
- Fill in missing competencies where necessary;
- Involve experts in order to obtain unbiased professional opinions;
- Improve the efficiency of group work.
Our training and development programs may include:
- Sessions with international experts;
- Simulations and practical exercises;
- Individual and group coaching sessions;
- Workshops on relevant topics:
- Modern approaches to top management compensation;
- The role of the Board in the digital transformation of the company;
- Sustainable development;
- CEO succession planning;
- Crisis management.
- Facilitation of Board meetings.
- "Leading from the chair"- INSEAD Business School's program, co-authored by Ward Howell Senior Partner Stanislav Shekshnia. As a part of the program, Board Chairs learn about the practices and tools to improve the Board's performance and interaction with shareholders, management and stakeholders.
Ward Howell expertise
- Vast experience of organizing and conducting training programs and coaching sessions for major Russian companies and government officials.
- Independent approach to finding experts; collaboration with professors from leading international business schools.
- Our daily communication with shareholders and top management, Board members, and Chairmen of major companies allows us to be aware of the trends and best corporate governance practices in Russia and abroad.
- Yearly leadership and corporate governance research projects and collaboration with the INSEAD Corporate Governance Centre.
- We strive to ensure that our company, projects, and practices have a positive impact on the future and create sustainable results for both our clients and Ward Howell.